Consider a time in the not to distant future where the following takes place:
- The power of the large and vibrant WordPress developer ecosystem is provided with the capabilities/tools they need to develop world-class AMP experiences, including new formats such as AMP Stories.
- Site owners can easily find AMP-compatible components to assemble full sites when selecting plugins from WordPress.org plugins/themes page (there is a filter to select them)
- There are turn-key solutions for any site owner to provide awesome AMP experiences regardless of their level of savviness
- High-quality AMP content in WordPress-powered sites is ubiquitous
- Solution providers and implementers are engaged and capable of building high-level solutions for different market segments
These are the goals unlocked by AMP in WordPress: providing everyone in the ecosystem with the ability to build modern websites and offer an awesome UX to their users in an easy and efficient way. The official AMP plugin for WordPress is the means to that end, the key enabling component to make this possible.